BFR-180 Round Bale feeder
The Wessex BFR-180 round bale unroller is seriously robust. Equipped with 5.5ton rated chains it can feed the biggest bales of hay, haylage, straw, silage and even clamped silage from either side with ease.
BFR-180 Round Bale feederThe Wessex BFR-180 bale feeder is a modular system, as the innovative Crossfire straw spreader can be connected for a 2-in-1 feeding and bedding system!A simple cash saving product
- Very low maintenance costs
- Low running cost
- Minimal fodder wastage – save up to 20% on your annual feed bill
- First, the feeding cradle is disconnected by the pull of a rope, or the innovative preset unlatching system. The tractor or telehandler backs up and picks up the bale, with integrated spikes. It is then lifted on to the feed-bed.
- The BFR-180 has a very low cradle that makes bale loading simple and fast.
- Once loaded the operator then drives the forks back into the feed unit. The machine is now ready to feed!
- Feed round bales of silage, hay, straw or haylage both inside and out.
- Zinc-plated roller chains – rated to 5.5tons per chain
- Thick wall zinc-plated chain bars - highly durable
- Low feed waste – save up to 20% on your feed costs
- Direct hydraulic drive system
- Very low maintenance and running costs
- Suitable for mounting on a tractor and telehandler with appropriate brackets
- Feed from either side
Wessex machinery is sold through our excellent dealer network. Get in touch with #TeamWessex, and we’ll locate your nearest dealer and then look after you throughout your sales journey.
When only the best will do
When you purchase a Wessex product, you invest in over 55 years of innovation, manufacturing excellence and a commitment to progress that underpins the care for our customers, suppliers and employees. Since 1962 the Wessex name has been synonymous with superb quality, British built machines for the agricultural and groundcare markets. Our equipment is built for demanding applications, where reliability and durability are paramount.
Features & Benefits
- FEED ROUND BALES – Save up to 20% on feed bills
- SPREADS WITHOUT CHOPPING – Minimal dust and projectiles
- UTILISE 1 MACHINE FOR 2 JOBS – Save time and money
- BED UP TO 10 METRES – Great bedding distribution
- FITS TO LOADERS & TRACTORS – Suits many applications
- NO ELECTRONICS – Simple to use and maintain
- DETACHABLE LOADING HEADSTOCK – Fast and easy reloading
- Round bale size Up to 6’x5′ (1.2×1.2m or 1.8×1.5m)
- Round bale weight Up to 1,000kg
- Unit weight (BFR-180 only) 770kg
- Unit weight (with Crossfire only) 1,000kg
- Unit weight (with Sidewinder only) 1,050kg
- Unit weight (with Crossfire & Sidewinder) 1,280kg
- Hydraulics required 1 x double acting for BFR-180 & Crossfire, 2 x double acting for Sidewinder
- Oil flow 12 litres/min (BFR-180 only), 50 litres/min (Crossfire & Sidewinder)
Book a Demo / Request a Quote
Please submit your request for a product demonstration, and we will call you back to arrange a suitable time.