Location – Andover, UK. The vacancy is located in Hampshire and commutable from Salisbury, Winchester, Andover, Newbury, Basingstoke or Southampton and surrounding areas.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager the successful applicant will have excellent attention to detail and be adept at following processes and procedures.
They will be expected to be forward thinking and be capable of looking for opportunities to improve current ways of working. Often the requirements & requests from other departments are of a critical and time dependent nature and therefore an appreciation of urgency is essential.
A knowledge of import processes would be beneficial, as the applicant would be responsible for arranging inbound logistics from suppliers.
The role requires the individual to work closely with the Operations, Sales & R&D teams and also within a small purchasing team, so the ability to work successfully as part of a team is imperative.
Procurement & Supplier management
- Support the Buyer and Supply chain manager in the daily management of the supply chain.
- Understand lead-times from a selection of suppliers to enable timely delivery of finished goods/raw materials to meet customer demands.
- Liaise with and maintain good relationships with suppliers.
- Carry out forecasting of all finished goods using tools and systems available and within company procedures and work instructions with a view to consistently and timely identification of purchase requirements.
- Ensure all records are maintained in appropriate electronic files.
- Enter purchase orders and requisition information into supplier systems and/or raise purchase orders on suppliers.
- Manage inbound logistics domestically and worldwide.
Processes & data entry
- Update various reports to provide business management information to senior management.
- Update systems with the latest information.
- Ensure timely Planning information is made available to key stakeholders and customers to satisfy reporting requirements.
- Work with accounts to understand and resolve invoice queries.
- Manage the supplier returns process.
Key competencies: –
- Experience of working within a fast-paced supply chain environment.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Pursues work proactively with drive and suggests ways to improve processes to fulfil the department’s need.
- Tenacity in when dealing with supply sources.
- Adapts to varying work situations and is flexible in the approach to resolving challenges.
- Good spoken and written English with the ability to effectively communicate complex issues to people at all levels within the organisation.
- Advanced experience of MS Office, particularly Excel.
- Knowledge of MRP system management.
- Previous experience in the manufacturing industry.
- Experience with engineering drawings.
Graduate level or proven purchasing experience